Tuesday, 7 June 2011

New Name? From Personalised Photo Jewellery to Personalised Treasures.

I have been think a lot recently about re-naming my 'Personalised Photo Jewellery' shop to 'Personalised Treasures'.


Although I am still selling some photo necklaces, my main items are hand stamped jewellery and gifts and I feel that 'Personalised Photo Jewellery' no longer sums up what I do.

The name change would mean a lot of hassle with starting a new Folksy shop (and paying for new listings!), new website, new blog, new packaging, new business cards etc but I think it would be worth it.

I have already done a new logo:







I also had an idea, it would be great to supply my necklaces in a 'treasure chest shape' gift box like this one:


The box is quite expensive so it would probably just be for the more expensive items.

I would love to hear your opinions and comment on the renaming of my shop and the packaging idea. Do you keep your jewellery packaging or do they just go straight into the bin? Or maybe you may have other suggestions for my new name?

PS: Don't worry, the Free Necklace Giveaway will not be affected by the name change (if anything you could double your chances of winning by following my new blog too...)

3 comments:

  1. Hiya, I think a name change is a good way to go and love your new logo. I don't think you need to open a new shop though. You can change it in shop settings I think. Why don't you contact teh Folksy team?

    Emma
    http://thebutterflyhobbyist.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma,
    Thank you for your comment.
    You are right, I wouldn't have to start a new Folksy shop, I know that you are allowed to change the shop header. Unfortunately, you are not permitted to change the 'user name' so I would still be called 'Personalised Photo Jewellery' and I think people may get confused. I may try it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think the name change is a good idea as the photo part suggests thats all you do. The new name will give you lots more scope. I hope you don't mind me saying but I like the sound of Personal Treasures.
    B x

    ReplyDelete